This day last year, I took the plunge and wrote my very first blog post for From Day Dot. I set up my blog amidst the excitement and sheer terror of finding out I was pregnant for the first time. I wanted to hear real experiences and advice, not clinical instructions based on a ‘normal’ pregnancy, but this didn’t seem to exist due to most people wanting to keep their secret for the first 12 weeks and not broadcast it over the Internet. Understandable.
So I set up From Day Dot to give other early preggos exactly what I was looking for, a little insight into a clueless Mum-to-be’s story. I didn’t tell anyone I knew about it, and even now only four friends know my dirty little secret.
I’ve talked about how much has happened over the past year in my personal life, and my blog has been a big part of that. I’ve found an outlet to rant, worry and explore my passions; I have a record of what I did, what I thought and how I felt whilst I was growing and bringing my baby into the world; and I uncovered a whole community of like-minded, supportive people through my blog and social media. I’ve found something for me, something I enjoy and something that has potential to provide opportunities.
My proudest moment was being asked to write my first piece of content for Wayfair.co.uk – my DIY tutorial for Max’s nursery blinds – and I’m also a little proud of myself for wading through the databases, coding and FTPs and finally going self-hosted, launching FromDayDot.co.uk today (it’s taken a while, trust me!)
So to celebrate From Day Dot’s first blogiversary, and the launch of my new site, I’m running a Instagram giveaway with prizes from three of my favourite Insta brands! One lucky reader will win this gorgeous little bundle – details below – and all you have to do to enter is follow me on Instagram (@FromDayDot), like the competition post and leave me a little comment – anything you like, but be nice please, it is our birthday after all.
The prize, left to right, is made up of:
- the Hip Hip Hooray fabric wall flag from Match Set Love
- an A4 cactus print from Luna and Sons
- the oh-so-popular popular black wooden arrow from Feather and Bird
- an ‘A Lot Can Happen In A Year’ tee from Marloweville, in your choice of size, colour and sleeve length.
Thank you to all of these gorgeous brands for getting involved to offer this prize, if I could enter myself I would!
So have a quick read of the T&Cs below, then head over to Instagram to enter. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
1. The giveaway will close at midnight (GMT) on 12th March 2017. 2. Entrants must be aged 18 or over. 3. Open to UK residents only. 4. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries within 7 days of closing. 5. The winner’s Instagram account must be public at the time of closing. 6. The winner will be contacted via Instagram and must have replied and claimed their prize no later than 31st March 2017. 7. This giveaway is in no way endorsed by Instagram.